Sunday, May 12, 2013

Poem by Anonymous


        I Wonder
Pills
strewn across my desk
the lamp shining only on them
I wonder if they can see my face.
Tears
running down my cheek
falling to the carpet
I wonder if it’ll still be wet
when I join them on the floor.
Razors
hidden behind every drawer
stained with my blood
never cleaned
for fear of being seen in the sink
I wonder if they like
the pain they cause me.
Bracelets
so worn
so many
I wonder if they know
why they’re really there.
Walls
standing so tall and strong
watching my every move
I wonder if they care.
Sister
yelling that she doesn’t love me
wishing she could leave
and never speak to me again
I wonder if she knows
how much I wish she felt differently.
Mother
unknowing of my struggle
avoiding interaction
I wonder if she notices the cuts.
Father
left a long time ago
also left last night
again
I wonder if he takes what I said
the night he left
seriously.
Grandparents, aunt, uncles, cousins
so far away
so few interactions
I wonder if they’ll come
to my memorial service.
Friends
dealing with their own shit
looking to me for support
I wonder if they know
that I’m on the edge.

2 comments:

  1. this gave me tears

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know =( It makes me sad too. I love the person that wrote this very dearly and it kills me to know this person feels this way.

    ReplyDelete