Saturday, June 1, 2013

Anonymous Story #14

        So it all started when I ended up experimenting with my best friend at the time. She was so much more open about everything then I was. 
It was right after we went to get her nose pierced and we went out to eat to celebrate, that I told her that I knew I was bisexual. She gave me this look and said "Well no shit Miriam." and that was that.
Fast forward to this winter. I told my therapist in September that I was going to give myself a time limit of my birthday to come out to my parents. I started off slowly, coming out to strangers, my brothers friends, my friends, my boyfriend at the time, and then my brother. I got practically the same response from all of them, with some variations of "that's so sexy" or "well you could have told me this before I found a girlfriend" but overall, everyone was really excepting.
Then came my parents. Two weeks before my birthday, we were talking about our trip to Vegas when I was like 8 or something, and how I used to pick up playing cards of naked women to collect. My parents were laughing about how it seemed like at that age I liked girls. So I spoke up and said "Would that necessarily be a bad thing?" They looked at each other and said of course not. And then my mom goes and tells me she has known for a while, she just wanted me to come out to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment